How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think i have a problem with flirting with other women. I

Customer Question

I think i have a problem with flirting with other women. I am in a relationship for 16yrs n married for 3. I love my wife n my children but i fear i will lose them. My wife has found( numerous times) conversations of me flirting with other women and she's sick of it. I don't have intentions of acting on any of the flirting, i just like to flirt and talk dirty and send/receive dirty/nude pics of women. I was wondering if i have some type of disorder that can be helped in some sort of way
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I cannot diagnose you over the internet as it takes a face to face assessment to determine a proper diagnosis. Based on what you described you could have an inherent self-esteem issue and you seek attention from these other women to help boost your own sense of self-worth or it could be possibly a sex addiction issue. Overall because this is a problem that is not only distressing to you, but causing problems in your marriage I would recommend that you consider going to a therapist that specializes in relationship issues to help you overcome and move forward from this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really don't know what to do
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Well I would recommend seeing a psychologist/therapist for treatment as this is distressing to you and could eventually lead to a break up of your marriage if the behavior continues. Treatment is not something that will happen over night and instead you will probably be in therapy for several months to help you overcome this issue.