How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 12 yr old grandchild seems to have a very strange fetish.

Customer Question

My 12 yr old grandchild seems to have a very strange fetish. Whenever the opportunity arises for her to be alone with her dog she gets him to continuously lick her all over and in her mouth. I discovered this when searching for a video on her phone and found videos of this instead. Then keeping a watch on her discovered this was a very regular thing with her. Please help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. While I understand your concern about this behavior, but in order for this to be a "fetish" your grand-daughter would have had to received sexual pleasure from this act and also usually fetishes or paraphilias are more "diagnosed" in young adulthood to adulthood, meaning that usually the minimum age is around 14 or 15 years old. So do you believe that your grand-daughter is receiving sexual pleasure from this? Have you discussed this with her? And because this is not a treatment website, have you considered having her be seen by a Child/Adolescent Psychologist?