Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Cymbalta or Celexa I'm going to my doctor on Tuesday I get

Customer Question

Cymbalta or Celexa for me I'm going to my doctor on Tuesday I get angry depressed and have body pain back pain
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I've been on many different antidepressants Wellbutrin is the one I'm on now doesn't do anything on my mom's caregiver and I yelled at her and I have panic attacks and depressed at times and my back hurts will Cymbalta help me
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: I take Xanax once in awhile don't smoke Don't drink don't do illegal drugs
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Cymbalta can be a very effective antidepressant and most likely will be a better fit for you as it has a secondary benefit of helping to lessen chronic pain. So I would recommend starting on Cymbalta first and waiting 2-3 months to see how you feel on that medication, then you can decide to stay on it or switch to Celexa or another alternative antidepressant like Remeron, which may be effective for you. But as for right now Cymbalta seems to be the best medication to treat both the psychological issues and the chronic pain as well.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.