How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a college student but I'm beginning to feel that I might

Customer Question

I'm a college student but I'm beginning to feel that I might have adhd but I've never been a super hyper individual and I thought only little kids had adhd
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: like I've always had trouble studying id find myself studying throughout the week for two or so more hours here and there and would still not do good at an exam and homework, and I'm always touching stuff even when studying for some weird reason to me
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. ADHD typically will start to present itself around the ages of 5-10 years old and can persist well into adulthood for some people. You also do not have to have the hyperness factor to be diagnosed with ADHD, as this is called ADHD Primarily Inattentive Type. If you have trouble concentrating, are easily distracted, difficulty keeping organized, forgetful, may not listen well, and/or difficult following instructions. ADHD Primarily Inattentive Type can easily be misdiagnosed by pediatricians, psychiatrists, and psychologists because of the absence of hyperness and impulsive behavior. So if you have had these symptoms growing up and they still persist today, than I would recommend going to a psychiatrist for a full evaluation in which you may require treatment with a psychostimulant medication.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps to provide you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.