How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a niece in Dayton, Ohio who needs some counseling.

Customer Question

I have a niece in Dayton, Ohio who needs some counseling. She has had addiction problems in the past, but it currently clean and employed. She says she will not go back to drug use or alcohol. She is very depressed, due to the loss of her mother, loss of her boyfriend, due to overdose and lack of family support. She has no insurance to pay for treatment. Do you have any suggestions to get help for her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I would recommend looking into county/city behavioral health clinics as these are usually considered free/low cost clinics that provide care at a sliding scale based on her income. Here is a good website to find such a clinic nearest to her:

They will provide low cost counseling and generic medications as well, if they are needed. In addition Social Workers at these clinics will try to help your niece get some low cost insurance if it is reasonable for her.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps to provide you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.

Related Mental Health Questions