Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My husband contradicts everything I say when I try to start

Customer Question

My husband contradicts everything I say when I try to start small conversation. Even the weather which I know rain is predicted and there is a huge black rain cloud in the sky, he says it isn't so!
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Well, yes, he is controlling, verbally abusive and flies off the handle a lot
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What makes a person condradict everything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I cannot tell you what makes a person contradict everything that you say since there are literally hundreds of reasons for your husband to want to contradict you. If he is abusive towards you than most likely he is trying to contradict you because of power and control, as contradicting you belittles you in his mind which grants him more power and control.