How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson is suffering with schizophrenia. he is looking

Customer Question

my grandson is suffering with schizophrenia. he is looking for a new doctor. he would like a catholic. he lives in hyde park, ny. is there a directory of some sort?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I can get your son some references for psychiatrists in his area, but as for if they are a Catholic or not, most psychiatrists will not put down their religious affiliation so that will not be something I can narrow down for your son. If you still want to continue, let me know as I would be happy to provide a list of suitable psychiatrists that specialize in treating Schizophrenia.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please e-mail the list ***@******.***
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I cannot email you the list directly as that is against JA rules, but I will post them here. Please give me around 10 minutes to complete the list of suitable psychiatrists for your grand son.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Here are a good list of psychiatrists in your grand-son's area that specialize in treating Schizophrenia

Kenneth Cohen, M.D.

275 Central Park West
Suite 1D
New York, New York 10024

Randy Parderll, M.D.

Riverview Psychiatric Medicine, PC*****
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601

Charlotte Murphy, M.D.

12 North Chestnut Street
New Paltz, New York 12561

Jeff Corbin, M.D.

200 West 20th Street
Suite 104
New York, New York 10011

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps to provide you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.