Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My husband and I are happy in our marriage.15 years. Sex has

Customer Question

My husband and I are happy in our marriage.15 years. Sex has always been and still is wonderful. We are both satisfied sexually. He is very sexual, perhaps even overly sexual. He must have some sort of sexual climax each night or he pouts. He would prefer sex more than once a day and often masturbates as well as having sex how much ever possible. We are in the swinging lifestyle but mostly attend events and flirt. He does have some couples he will engage in sex with from time to time and has recently started having sex with other men. He spends a large majority of his time doing searches to find sex with men and it is his greatest fantasy lately.He is completely open with everything and would prefer me to be a part of all of it. I prefer to keep my sexual life with just him. I know he loves me and we trust each other. He is not gay or sissy. He is a wonderful strong husband. Im not even sure what my question is other than. Does he have a problem? Is this normal? Somewhat? Should I be worried? Am i crazy to even have to ask this? It has become that nagging tap on my shoulder lately.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. There is no mental health problem with engaging in sexual intercourse with other men or having a swinging lifestyle as long as both of you are cognizant of this and make the choice to do so. The only thing that can be a red flag is that it looks like your husband's sexual behavior continues to escalate and that may signal a possible Sex Addiction. In addition to the needing a sexual release every night with the increase in sexual behavior and interests can possibly be evidence of a sexual addiction, but he would need to see a psychologist/therapist in person to confirm this. Sex Addiction is when an individual is not satisfied sexually and continues to pursue other sexual exploits, masturbates, has sex, or looks at pornography multiple times a day, becomes irritable when he cannot get a sexual release, engages in risky sexual behaviors, and feels less emotionally connected to sex and just looks at it as a physical release.