Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Is it common for someone to get same sex attraction later in…

Customer Question
is it common for someone...
is it common for someone to get same sex attraction later in life?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Lately, in the last 2 decades, it has been more common to have a same sex attraction in one's later life (after 40 years old) because same-sex relationships have been more accepting. Still the most common age range for same-sex attraction/relationships is in adolescence and young adult hood, but that does not mean later age same sex attraction/relationships are uncommon, just less frequent than those that occur in adolescence and young adulthood.

ok thanks after reading there is no privacy im not interested

Okay, you can contact customer service regarding that if you like.