How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson has moved in with me because his mother put him

Customer Question

My grandson has moved in with me because his mother put him out. I am 73 years old .
He doesn't get along with his dad. I don't know what to do? He will not open up to me
I know he does have anger problems. When you try and give advise he doesn't want to
hear what I have to say. I ask him if he is depress. Because all he does is look at tv
all day..He is in the 12 grade and he does do to school everyday..He has been in a couple of fightsl I suggested that he go to theraphy but he does not believe. His mother and dad
doesn't either. I suggest therapy long time ago but they did not get him help. I do not know what to do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having this difficulty with your grand-son, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. Unfortunately it is up to him if he wants to seek treatment or not as that is his right given his age, so if he is refusing treatment than you have to respect that. You can suggest that he take a natural supplement like St. Johns Wort as this may improve his mood if he does have depression or you can speak to the school have their school district counselor talk to him as he may be more receptive to a stranger than a family member.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree, this is why I wanted him to talk with someone else, thanks
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. I truly hope he will change his mind, but it has to be his choice to seek treatment. Good luck and I wish both of you all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not want to talk live. I thought the price was $5.00 to confirm and $21.00 for a typed answer total $26.00. Is this right
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

The phone conversation I believe is an option, but you do not have to take it. 26 dollars is the total I believe, but experts do not have access to the financial dealings on this website. If you have questions you can contact customer service.

Related Mental Health Questions