Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

How much of seroquel effectively treats depression? Im also…

Customer Question
how much of seroquel effectively...
how much of seroquel effectively treats depression? Im also on Lamictal 200mg.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
3/1/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. There really is no such thing as "how much" of one substance will help treat your symptoms of Depression. This is because our body chemistries are different so each of us responds to the medication differently as well. In addition, there is also the factors of how severe your depression is and how much of the Lamictal you are taking. For some patients, they respond well to 100mg/day of the Seroquel and for others they need 500mg/day. So right now it would be best for you to start at a low dose of either 50 or 100mg of the Seroquel and then just gradually increase the dose by 50mg every week till your depressive symptoms stop and that is when you will find out the dosage that is needed to lessen your depression.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.