How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 18527
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Anxiety/adhd, Diagnosed with anxiety when I was 16, and

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Diagnosed with anxiety when I was 16, and adhd. I'm 28 now. I take adderral and used to take Valium- only 2 meds that help me.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have anxiety and ADHD, but it is unclear what question you are asking about these conditions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pcp wants me to see a psychiatrist - all of the psych's in my area are booked until May. I cannot wait, I need help. I take adderral 30mg x2 per day and Valium. I scored a 52 on the anxiety testing. On the particular test 32 & up referenced severe anxiety. I no longer live life. I alienate myself, I do not partake in social activities, I had an attack in the movie theater last month. I need help. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

It is still unclear what question you are asking.

If you are asking how you can receive care without waiting until May, there are a couple of options.

One possible option would be for your regular doctor to contact a Psychiatrist to see if you can get worked into the schedule sooner. Another possible option would be a local mental health clinic that is designed to address urgent mental health issues. These are available in most communities, although the exact structure will vary from one community to another. If you check with the local health department or hospital emergency room, they can usually give you contact information so that you can be seen more quickly.

Please let me know if I can provide other information,