Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Anxiety/adhd, Diagnosed with anxiety when I was 16, and

Customer Question
anxiety/adhd Doctor's Assistant: Thanks...

anxiety/adhd

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Diagnosed with anxiety when I was 16, and adhd. I'm 28 now. I take adderral and used to take Valium- only 2 meds that help me.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
3/1/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

I am sorry that you have anxiety and ADHD, but it is unclear what question you are asking about these conditions.

My pcp wants me to see a psychiatrist - all of the psych's in my area are booked until May. I cannot wait, I need help. I take adderral 30mg x2 per day and Valium. I scored a 52 on the anxiety testing. On the particular test 32 & up referenced severe anxiety. I no longer live life. I alienate myself, I do not partake in social activities, I had an attack in the movie theater last month. I need help. Thank you

It is still unclear what question you are asking.

If you are asking how you can receive care without waiting until May, there are a couple of options.

One possible option would be for your regular doctor to contact a Psychiatrist to see if you can get worked into the schedule sooner. Another possible option would be a local mental health clinic that is designed to address urgent mental health issues. These are available in most communities, although the exact structure will vary from one community to another. If you check with the local health department or hospital emergency room, they can usually give you contact information so that you can be seen more quickly.

Please let me know if I can provide other information,