Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

My 19 year old daughter moved in with me and my new husband…

Customer Question
My 19 year old...

My 19 year old daughter moved in with me and my new husband about a year ago. He tells me that she is annoying and basically ignores her. its been a huge adjustment having her here as she is very immature and can be lazy at times. She has a job now and I thought that would make things a little easier but that's not the case. I pointed out to him that it doesn't matter how much she improves he will always be annoyed with her. He says he doesn't want to stress me out or pick between them but he just wanted me to know...as if it wasn't already obvious! He doesn't want me to cater to her either. I don't think that i'm doing that. She is paying for her own things and I ask her to pay me a little from every paycheck that she gets. I just don't know how to fix the problem.

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I'm also frustrated about his daughter who is grown and married but still relies on her dad financially but I don't say much about it because he tells me that that is his baby girl and needs to make sure she is taken care of. I don't agree! she's married. Also when she comes over she basically ignores me... I have to initiate the conversation which is hard when her face is in her phone!!

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/29/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist