Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I was reading an article about using virtual reality as

Customer Question
Hello,I was reading an article...
Hello,I was reading an article about using virtual reality as therapy for addiction or depression.http://bjpo.rcpsych.org/content/2/1/74Where can I find a virtual reality solution like the one depicted in this article so that I can apply it in my clinic ?Thanks,Steve
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/29/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

Hello and thank you for using Justanswer, That is great that you are looking for novel way to treat problematic addiction and mood disorders, but the unfortunate part involving the virtual reality system/methodology is that this is still being researched and is not available for mass market at this time. You can try to reach out to the authors of this article (I have emailed many authors of articles before and found them to be very responsive) to see if your clinic may part of a larger study involving virtual reality, but unfortunately at this time you will not be able to find a mass market system to purchase for therapeutic use.