How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1378
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am just trying to find some answers..... My husband and I

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am just trying to find some answers..... My husband and I separated on Thursday after he threatned to kill me so I told him to not come home and I changed the locks, in going over the last few years I have noticed some troubling trends we have 3 children, 2 girls 15 &14, and a son 8 with adhd & asd. He is constantly picking on the girls: they are fat, lazy too much acne etc. but he does not physically hurt them, although they are afraid of him as he has an unpredictable temper. My son has many issues related to his disorders. My husband spanks him often but in a way where he derives joy from my son's fear if that makes sense. Instead of just putting him over his knee and giving a spank or two he will hold him there while my son screams and cries for several minutes before he spanks, then he will do it again in between the next spank. when I try to intervene he gets incredibly aggressive and violent acting but without hitting me. There is something mentally wrong with him, I just need to try and find answers for our safety
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation? Are you asking what mental health disorder your husband could possibly have because as you know it is impossible to diagnose someone without a face to face assessment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was where I was going with my question, however I can not force him to seek out help/diagnosis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can't help me and you are not going to charge my credit card correct?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I can only speculate about a diagnosis, but he would need an official face to face assessment for a true diagnosis. If that is what you are looking for than I believe you may have misunderstood this website and you can contact customer service regarding a refund. Thank you.