Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I was on lexapro 5mg for 2 days i quite cuz of the side

Customer Question
Hi ***** *****....I was...

Hi ***** *****....I was on lexapro 5mg for 2 days i quite cuz of the side effects, that was last monday...but I STILL experience some brain zaps...how long this will stay in me?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I can't sleep and i feel like my head will explode

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
2/22/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If you quit the Lexapro one week ago and you only took it for 2 days than the Lexapro has long washed out of your system by now and is not responsible for your “brain zaps.” Most likely you are experiencing underlying anxiety symptoms and I would recommend that you talk to your doctor about starting you on a low dose benzodiazepine to lessen and stop the brain zaps, than you and your doctor can go from there for a more long-term treatment plan.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.