Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

What are my options for dyssemia treatment. i look on the…

Customer Question
what are my options for...
what are my options for dyssemia treatment. i look on the internet but theres not much information out there. is there a certain therapy that is affective or medication?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
2/22/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Typically Dyssemia is a symptom of a greater disorder like an Autism Spectrum Disorder or even ADHD Inattentive Type, so if there is an underlying cause for your Dyssemia than the treatment should focus on that. May I ask, what diagnoses have you been given that could account for your Dyssemia?

I have been diagnosed adhd and ocd. Have tried different medication treatment the past 6-7 years. All worked inconsistent and eventually pooped out. I'm on only adderall now. What brought my attention to dyssenia was a few friends have been concerned with me being awkward in all aspects of life. did some research and I can identify myself with most symptoms. More than the symptoms of adhd and ocd. Say I might be right what kind of therapy would be most appropriate

Thank you for your response. Typically Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with an emphasis on Social Learning Theory would be best to treat Dyssemia. I want to mention though that there is no one therapy specifically designed for treating Dyssemia, so it will most likely be an eclectic type of CBT therapy that is non-traditional. Unfortunately research and treatment protocols for Dyssemia are lacking currently which is why success varies from individual to individual.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.