Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have included a series of emails below that were exchanged…

Customer Question
I have included a series...
I have included a series of emails below that were exchanged between my Son's Father and I. My Family and I are not talking about my Son's Father and the accusations made in his emails are not true. We do everything we can to work with him. I receive emails like this from him frequently though. In your expert opinion what do you think is going on with him?Subject: Re:
From: Shelly Copeland Wood
To: ***** *****
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:12 PM"MALICIOUS CONDUCT" AND "TERRORISTIC THREATENING"Shelly WoodOn Saturday, June 13, 2015 8:07 AM, Matt Wood wrote:
Shelly I'm not offended by your parents. I've generally get along with them. It's the negative things they say to Noah about me that worries him. You're an educator, you know how things effect children. If you don't know what I'm talking about then I think we have a big problem. Like I said before, he has confided in another educator about his fears. He has told me really specific conversations with you and your family. He is scared that he's going to be in trouble. This isn't something new that I'm hearing. If you'd like, we can talk about this without him present or your parents. I'm very concerned, this is serious.-------- Original message --------
From: Shelly Copeland Wood
Date: 06/13/2015 12:16 AM (GMT-06:00)
To:***@******.***
Subject: Re:Sorry, I am just now getting back to you. I hosted a Church Fellowship at my house for my Church group tonight. It was so inspirational.I never knew my Parents offended you so much. Especially, since they are very seldom around. Noah and I live in our own home and you and I make decisions regarding what's going on with Noah. Ninety five percent of the time my Parent's aren't even around. My Mother was a Teacher for 30 years. She has been retired for 8 years and people are still talking about how much they love Mrs. Copeland. My Dad is soft spoken, very kind and usually telling something funny. He still has friends calling him that he met during his service in the Navy during the Vietnam War. I have no idea what the rest of your email is referring to. It makes no sense!I hope Stephanie enjoyed the three baseball games she attended. I thoroughly enjoyed Noah's baseball games. He has made so much progress and he loves baseball.Shelly WoodOn Friday, June 12, 2015 7:02 PM, Matt Wood wrote:Please let me enjoy my summer break with Noah.I'm telling you and your family to leave me alone. (Fake conversations at the baseball games) You've got Noah stressed out with the bad things you say about me. You and you parents are not supposed to say negative things about me around Noah, I've asked you several times in the past too.You have him so emotionally sick that he talks to people about it. When y'all say that I'm a horrible person it makes him feel horrible too. When y'all let him watch inappropriate movies it effects him emotionally. When you continue to tell him I'm trying to take him away from you it has a negative effect on him. And playing voicemails, really?I think you are maybe scared to take care of him. I've never seen him with you anywhere ever without your parents there. I would be happy to take care of him full time if you can't. But, stop telling him I'm trying to take him away. I never asked to have Noah more than half the time. What judge would give a breastfeeding infant to his father full time? So get that delusion out of you head. I'm discussing this issue again with my attorney if you say it again.Noah will be able to make decisions without you and your family's lies.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
2/20/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It is impossible to diagnosis your son's father from a secondary source and without an actual face to face assessment. Given this fact, it is possible that he may have a delusional disorder where he actually has a fixed false belief that your family is out to persecute him and no matter what you say or do he will always believe this. The other possibility could be that he knows what he is saying is false and is trying to manipulate you and frustrate you on purpose; this would lead me to believe he may have a personality disorder like Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). Again without a face to face evaluation I can only provide speculation as he would need to be assessed by a psychologist in person to confirm any diagnosis.

Dr. Z
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist