How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** I'm having trouble getting our

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I'm having trouble getting our anexiety meds presriptions filled
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my regular doctor died my medical records were sent to a clinic and the wont refill our prescriptiions I need to find a permanent doctor but this will take time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately this is not an online pharmacy so no prescriptions can written for you here. And also what I suspect is that you are probably looking for a prescription for a benzodiazepine which is a Controlled Substance and cannot be prescribed online as that is against federal law. The best solution you have to find a new psychiatrist that may be willing to prescribe for you the medications you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know but in the meantime, until I find a new permanent doctor, how can I find a prescribing doctor? I'm out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cold turkey... it's not right
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I can provide you with a list of psychiatrists in your area, but as for when they will be able to see you is up to their schedule. Also every psychiatrist has complete discretion over what they prescribe their patients so there is no guarantee you will get the medication you are looking for. If this is a controlled substance the ER is probably not going to help either as they typically will not provide prescriptions for Controlled Substances.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were prescribed by a family doctor, why do I need a psychiatrist now?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I am only saying that you will have a stronger chance of getting a prescription for a Controlled Substance by a psychiatrist rather than a Family Doctor. Most states now have regulations against family doctors prescribing Controlled Substances due to abuse by patients and over prescribing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess we're done then
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Good luck and I hope you can get the medications you need very soon.

Related Mental Health Questions