Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

My name is ***** ***** I'm having trouble getting our

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I'm having trouble getting our anexiety meds presriptions filled

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My regular doctor died my medical records were sent to a clinic and the wont refill our prescriptiions I need to find a permanent doctor but this will take time

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
2/19/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately this is not an online pharmacy so no prescriptions can written for you here. And also what I suspect is that you are probably looking for a prescription for a benzodiazepine which is a Controlled Substance and cannot be prescribed online as that is against federal law. The best solution you have to find a new psychiatrist that may be willing to prescribe for you the medications you need.

I know but in the meantime, until I find a new permanent doctor, how can I find a prescribing doctor? I'm out
Cold turkey... it's not right

I can provide you with a list of psychiatrists in your area, but as for when they will be able to see you is up to their schedule. Also every psychiatrist has complete discretion over what they prescribe their patients so there is no guarantee you will get the medication you are looking for. If this is a controlled substance the ER is probably not going to help either as they typically will not provide prescriptions for Controlled Substances.

They were prescribed by a family doctor, why do I need a psychiatrist now?

I am only saying that you will have a stronger chance of getting a prescription for a Controlled Substance by a psychiatrist rather than a Family Doctor. Most states now have regulations against family doctors prescribing Controlled Substances due to abuse by patients and over prescribing.

I guess we're done then

Good luck and I hope you can get the medications you need very soon.