Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

3 MONTHS NOW AND MY HUSBAND KEEPS HANGING ON TO HIE EX

Customer Question
IM MARRIED 3 MONTHS...

IM MARRIED 3 MONTHS NOW AND MY HUSBAND KEEPS HANGING ON TO HIE EX STUFF

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.

MEANT HIS

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

Before we got married, was engaged at the time I happen to stumble upon a text that she was coming over to his for dinner. I questioned him about it. he said she was coming to pay his dad and the dog a visit. His dad lives 3 houses away, so why not send his dad a text

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
2/18/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

his behaviour is annoying me

I understand that is behavior is annoying you, but this is a Q&A website, so what exactly is your mental health question that you would like an answer to regarding your husband?

I'm still waiting on my answer?????

Like i said before, so far you have made statements about how your husband is annoying you, but you have not made a question that you want an answer to. Are you asking about why your husband is doing this? How to stop it? What is your specific mental health question that you want an answer to?

Want to know why is he doing this and how to stop it

Obviously I cannot tell you with 100 percent certainity why he is doing this since I have never talked to him nor can I read his mind, but in most cases a person will not give up their ex's belongings because they still have some attachment to the ex and by giving up the belongings and cutting her out of his life they feel they are taking away part of themselves. As for how you can stop it, well unfortunately that is not within your control since only he can choose to give up his ex's belongings and move forward in his life with you. You have to understand that only you are in control of your actions and behaviors, just like only he is the one in control of his actions so that means he must choose to stop interacting with his ex and to let go of his ex's belongings. You have to continue talking to him about this and possibly providing ultimatums that he should stop this behavior if he wants to have a successful relationship with you...of course it would have been more ideal for this to be discussed and resolved before you got married as now it is a bit more difficult since you two are married. You can also suggest couples therapy to help him realize how his behavior is hurting you and work on a therapeutic approach to resolving this.