How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I really need someone to talk to about my ptsd from abuse.

Customer Question

I really need someone to talk to about my ptsd from abuse. There is no one that can see me locally and so I'm wondering if I can get help here. Thank you so much
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.


*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, as a child I was abused and have suppressed memories. I keep having violent dreams where I wake up numb and unable to move. I was diagnosed with PTSD and am wondering where I should go for help.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Well I would recommend that you consider going to a psychiatrist for treatment with a benzodiazepine or another sleep aid/anti-anxiety medication like Trazodone, Doxepin, or Seroquel to help you sleep better without the nightmares. And then I would recommend that you see a psychologist/therapist that uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help you process your past trauma and move forward from it.