Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I really need someone to talk to about my ptsd from abuse.

Customer Question
There is no one that...
I really need someone to talk to about my ptsd from abuse. There is no one that can see me locally and so I'm wondering if I can get help here. Thank you so much
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
2/18/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

\

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Well, as a child I was abused and have suppressed memories. I keep having violent dreams where I wake up numb and unable to move. I was diagnosed with PTSD and am wondering where I should go for help.

Well I would recommend that you consider going to a psychiatrist for treatment with a benzodiazepine or another sleep aid/anti-anxiety medication like Trazodone, Doxepin, or Seroquel to help you sleep better without the nightmares. And then I would recommend that you see a psychologist/therapist that uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help you process your past trauma and move forward from it.