How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I really need help. I think I suffer from ADHD. I was

Customer Question

I really need help. I think I suffer from ADHD. I was holding off to see a doctor due to lack of any motivation, but my lack of concentration/motivation ruins my work and school life.... I need help asap before I lose my job or fail getting my degree.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am sorry that you believe you may be suffering from ADHD. Unfortunately this type of diagnosis requires a face to face assessment and requires the use of medication to treat it, so you are definitely going to need to see a psychiatrist as soon as possible. I can provide you with names of psychiatrists in your area to assess and treat you, but as for when they will be able to see you is up to them as most psychiatrists have waiting lists for at least a few weeks to a few months.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

If you give me your zip code I can provide you with a list of these psychiatrists who treat ADHD and may be able to see you as an emergency appointment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's ok... I have no time for regular appointments...
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I understand. Good luck to you