Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I had a family doc who I no longer see as if recent within…

Customer Question
I had a family doc...
I had a family doc who I no longer see as if recent within last two months. She had put me on Xanax due to extreme anxiety dealing with a number of situations from taking care of a mother with MS to going thru a extreme custody battle. And after things began to get worse and worse the antidepressant meds no longer were working. I am having a difficult time getting into someone local and need help at least till then. If you could offer any help I'd be open to it. Thank you for your time,
Maggie
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
2/16/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately this is not an online pharmacy and because Xanax is a Controlled Substance no online pharmacies can prescribe this medication for you legally. I can provide you with names of psychiatrists in your area that specialize in treating Anxiety and Panic disorders, but it is based on their schedule when they can see and each psychiatrist has sole prescription discretion meaning that there is no guarantee that you will get the Xanax you are looking for. If you want the names of the psychiatrists in your area, please let me know your zip code and I can search them for you.