Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have a 5 year old who is hurting other kids. For example

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old who is hurting other kids. For example he took a drill to a little boys head an ripped his hair out with it. When asked why he did it his response was cause. I am afraid he is gonna seriously harm someone. Putting him in time doesn't work. Should I take him to see someone.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that your son is having this level of aggressive behavior with his peers, I can understand how distressing this can be for you as a parent. Given that he does not respond to punishment, I would recommend that he start to begin therapy sessions with a Child Psychologist. May I ask, for how long has he behaved in this manner and are there any other symptoms/behaviors that should be noted?