Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Meth addiction help, I need help! 18 years moderate to heavy…

Customer Question
Meth addiction help, I need...
Meth addiction help, I need help! 18 years moderate to heavy use. Smoking mostly, last 5 years tho have been IV and smoking....what can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
2/13/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you have been struggling with this level of addiction to methamphetamine, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask have you considered entering into a rehabilitation facility or contacting your county's or city's substance abuse services for treatment options?

However the intake process is not something I want to endure. And my dependency on the government is NONE and I would like to keep it that way.

Well you can consider entering into one on one individual therapy with a psychologist that specializes in Dual Diagnosis, but this will only address the addition and underlying causes of said addiction, it will not address any detox issues you may have.