Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Meth addiction help, I need help! 18 years moderate to heavy

Customer Question

Meth addiction help, I need help! 18 years moderate to heavy use. Smoking mostly, last 5 years tho have been IV and smoking....what can I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you have been struggling with this level of addiction to methamphetamine, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask have you considered entering into a rehabilitation facility or contacting your county's or city's substance abuse services for treatment options?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
However the intake process is not something I want to endure. And my dependency on the government is NONE and I would like to keep it that way.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Well you can consider entering into one on one individual therapy with a psychologist that specializes in Dual Diagnosis, but this will only address the addition and underlying causes of said addiction, it will not address any detox issues you may have.