Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I can't find a treatment for bipolar disorder that works. I…

Customer Question
I'm Posey and I...

I'm Posey and I can't find a treatment for bipolar disorder that works. I wasted 14 years of my life in a chemical stupor because of the machinations of psychiatrists. The only thing my time with them and 3 involuntary nuthouse stays taught me was they can never be trusted. I tried therapy, drugs, every "proven" treatment.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have chronic bipolar 2. Suicidal, can't work, fatigued, feelings of worthlessness.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
I feel backed in a corner, the episodes are more frequent. My income has all but dried up. But I can't deal with being fat, cognitively impaired, and impotent because of treatments.I've already had to go through benzodiazepine withdrawal and a reaction to lithium because of the shrinks.
2/11/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation? And what medications have you tried to help treat your Bipolar Disorder II?

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist