How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a 24yr old son being manipulated and brain washed by

Customer Question

We have a 24yr old son being manipulated and brain washed by his future wife. He has called his sister a "retard" - yes she does have a disability. We are not allowed to invite anyone to his wedding but "she" can invite 85 of her family. We are not allowed to be involved in any aspect of her wedding. He has told his bestman he no longer wants him. He told us lie upon lie. He has become jealous, hurtful and disrespectful. What can we do to get our son back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having this difficulty with your son, I can understand how distressing this can be. Unfortunately your son is the only one in control of his actions and behaviors, so that means only he can decide to return back to the person he was and start treating you and others with respect. I know you want to get your son back, but that is not how psychology works as he must want and make the effort to stop this problematic behavior. Is there anyone in your family or a friend of the family that is able to talk to him and be someone that he trusts? And how do you think he would respond to an email or letter?