Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

My daughter is having major depression and moods that swing…

Customer Question
My daughter is having major...
My daughter is having major depression and moods that swing from mania to sever depression. she is hearing voices and says she is possessed by the devil and many other things that are not normal. she is years old and this started now about 6 weeks ago. i took her to the hospital and they backer acted her. she fells like and says she is being haunted to she is getting flashes that she dont know what is real and what is not! today she wont get out of be and other day she would set there like she was not even there. this is a emotional trip for me. i see my daughter suffering and i cant help her. she said i was possessed by a demon.
she was given Harold bu spar and Benzedrine for restless legs shes had since a child. i can not explain everything here but she will not take the risperdol cause she said it gives her body shocks.
there was a short period when she seemed a little normal after meds. hospitol let her go sooner that she needed to be. she goes from wanting to die to i love god and the devil cant touch me...
i need a doctor, i desprately need some assistance. this is new and is not in my family
melva *********
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
2/1/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that your daughter is experiencing these symptoms, it sounds like she may have Schizoaffective Disorder or possibly Bipolar Disorder with psychotic features. This is not a treatment website, so we do not provide doctors to come to you or prescription medications. May I ask, have you contacted the hospital where she was an inpatient about these current psychotic symptoms your daughter is experiencing? Given that this is an emergency situation, have you considered taking her to the ER?