Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Internet delusions. Need your help. I use it as a coping…

Customer Question
Internet delusions. Need your...
Internet delusions. Need your help. I use it as a coping mechanism, to make up shit about who I am not in order to alleviate the actual me. I'm a f**king druggie loser. I get clean for 2-3 weeks then stumble again. My vices? Adderall and Xanax. I do have legal prescriptions for both. Anyway, can Adderall put me into some sort of persecutory delusional state as far as messageboards are concerned? Or even apps? I feel I'm being followed and ridiculed by these motherf**kers and I want to do everything in my power to find and "talk" them.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
1/30/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately Adderall can cause psychotic symptoms given that it increases Dopamine (high levels of Dopamine can cause psychosis), so if you are having delusions than yes the Adderall can be the cause of this. You really need to speak to your psychiatrist about these delusions so that you can get more sustainable help regarding this issue.