How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****, my wife attack me yesterday because

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****, my wife attack me yesterday because I didn't want to go to dinner with her and my daughter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she start breaking plates on the floor in front of our daughter and I start recording with my phone and she gets more upset and then start hitting me in front of our daughter
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,So if you can answer the question please can I get my refund?Thanks,Gerard
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

You did not pose a question though. All you said was that your wife attacked you and became more upset when you tried to record her on the phone. So what exactly is your mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but is not about my mental health is more about of her mental health and what can we do about it I am just worried that one day may would attack our daughter...
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

If you feel that your wife could be a danger to others, especially your daughter, than you can try to convince her to seek help with a psychiatrist and/or psychologist for this anger issue. Anger is typically a symptom of mental health disorder, but it will take a face to face evaluation to determine which mental health disorder is causing this level of anger and then treatment will be approached in that way. In most cases the combination of therapy and psychotropic medications will be needed to help her control her anger and possible other symptoms too, so this is why getting her evaluated by a psychologist or psychiatrist is necessary.

Now if she will not seek treatment than you can have her involuntarily committed to a mental health hospital because she could be a danger to others. There she will receive treatment for her issues and hopefully will acknowledge that she has a problem and will volunteer to accept treatment on an outpatient basis. Involuntary commitment is usually a last resort, so hopefully she will choose to receive treatment on her own free will.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already tell her many times that she needs to go to see a therapist as she needs helps but she refuse to accept that she has a problem.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

As I said than you may have to go the involuntary commitment route since she is a danger to others. I would recommending contact your local hospital to see if that is an option for you. If that is not an option than I would recommend taking your child and separate from your wife to protect yourself and your daughter. If she is making the choice not to seek treatment than you have to make the decision to protect yourself

Related Mental Health Questions