Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

Sun suffering from depression anxiety OSD and agrophobia he

Customer Question

My name is***** sun suffering from depression anxiety OSD and agrophobia he can go to vicit doctors I wonder if is any Psychiatrist doing home visits
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he is on valium 5 mg a day Xanax 1 mg a day and anafranil 150mg a day
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 26 years old
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mick, my name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in New York State. Thank you for using Just Answer, I hope I can help you with your question. It would be very unusual for a psychiatrist to be willing to make a home visit. However that should not stop you from making phone calls to the ones in your area. If they were not willing to make the home visit they would have suggestions of how to help your son get the help he needs. The disorders you mentioned are all very familiar to psychiatrists and therapists (and very treatable) and he/or she will now how to get him the help he needs so he can get treatment to feel better. I hope this was helpful, is there anything else I can help you with? Linda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is wanting to change his medication back to what he used to be on and felt better although we don't know how to do this safely.
He used to be on 50mg Paxetine (Paxil) and the same amount of Valium and Xanax.
He replaced Paxetine with Anafranil on the 30th of September 2015 and they're not helping and only making him worse, could you please help with the best way to change back to Paxetine (Paxil) from Anafranil.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also would you have any suggestions for any other medication, thanks.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry Mick, but medication changes can be very complex and unless done properly and supervised can create serious symptoms. It is outside the scope of Just Answer to recommend medications or suggest a medication change process. This should be done with whatever doctor prescribed the medication. Linda

Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with Mick? If not, I wish you and your son all the best. Best regards, Linda