How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1378
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I feel like I'm in depression and I want to speak to someone

Customer Question

Customer: My name is***** feel like I'm in depression and I want to speak to someone about it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been feeling very empty inside. I feel like crying all the time for no apparent reason. My temper has shortened drastically. I just don't feel good anymore. There is just too much hopelessness and helplessness inside me. I feel worthless
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. What type of treatments have you undergone to address these depressive symptoms (e.g. therapy, medications, etc...)? Also you did not pose a question in your description, so may I ask what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no therapy or medications I'm using. I've never been this kind of a person. This mindset has only been there for the past couple of weeks. I want to know how I can get out of feeling this way and be normal
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Well as you know this website does not provide any form of treatment, so you can consider going to a therapist and trying to use techniques to help you break out of this depressive state. The best type of therapy I would recommend would be Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT has a premise that your symptoms are caused by negative thoughts, so if we change your thought process to be more positive and objective, then your symptoms will lessen as well. Here are some examples of CBT techniques for you:

So this link may help you, it contains a technique I use with patients called a thought record. It will help you keep track of any negative thoughts you have. You put the negative thought on paper, the emotion accompanying, the evidence to support it, and the evidence against it. Then I want you to come up with an alternative thought for the situation (more objective and plausible). This will help you change your way of thinking to be able to think more positive and not automatically go to a negative type of thinking.

In addition, these two worksheets are very good at helping to lessen negative type thinking. It can help you focus on the big picture and the objective/positive thoughts and outcomes.

Also here are some Free comprehensive CBT websites where there are many more techniques that you can use as well

Also I would highly recommend that you go to the store and purchase two natural supplements of St. Johns Wort and Omega-3, which can significantly lessen your depressive symptoms within a matter of weeks. But if the symptoms continue than you may need something stronger like a SSRI antidepressant, which you can get a prescription for with your doctor.