Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I'm struggling really bad with what some like to call

Customer Question

I'm struggling really bad with what some like to call anxiety or phobia but I'm having a hard time accepting that. Out of no where I have this horrible feeling that I'm going to have a heart attack and I ct know how to get over it. I dnt know if it's my body telling me something isn't right or if it's just a real fear. Any advice.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in New York. I have a private practice and have worked with many men and women who suffer from anxiety and phobias. The feeling that you are going to have a heart attack is one of the most common symptoms I hear from client who are having a panic attack. In fact, conscious of unconscious feeling that can come randomly of being out of control does cause the heart to race and for breathing to increase quickly. But this is a harmless symptom of panic. Have you seen a doctor to rule out any physical causes for what you are feeling? If you have I can give you some strategies to help you when you are having high levels of anxiety or a panic attack.

Would that be helpful? Sincerely, Linda