Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

My wife has a obsession with cats. she puts cat food

Customer Question
my wife has a obsession...
my wife has a obsession with cats. she puts cat food everywhere,counter tops floor. on new car and pickup. also always talking about neighbor girl {8 years old} stealing her cats and cages. her whole day is something to do with cats. she also has episodes of getting mad at me and cussing me out and throwing things at me. she has been diagnosed with mild to moderate dementia. she does very little house work. she does not understand simple thing on how to do them even tho i continually show her the same steps over and over' she asks me the same questions over and over. does not remember things that have just happened.age is 72 and retired teacher
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am sorry your wife is exhibiting these symptoms, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?