Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Looking for some guidance and diagnosis for some problems I…

Customer Question
Looking for some guidance and...
Looking for some guidance and diagnosis for some problems I have been experiencing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I cannot provide a definitive diagnosis over the internet, but I can speculate to a diagnosis and treatment plan that you would have to receive from a qualified mental health professional. May I ask, what are your symptoms and how long have they been present? Have you tried any form of treatment previously and if so what kind?

The main issue is loss of memory, I often have social anxiety when talking to people. Other than feeling dark I don't really have any emotions anymore, I feel like I'm trapped in my own head with constant negative noise. Feeling of overwhelming emptiness and hopelessness

And how long has this been an issue for you and have you tried any treatments to remedy these symptoms?

Its been well over a year now, I had an MRI scan last year for random physical jolts and aches in my head got the all clear after the scan

After you presented with no physical abnormalities, what did the doctor say was the cause of your symptoms?

My local GP have been no help at all, been offered anti depressants and beta blockers. I wasn't even given a diagnosis or opinion
I have been referred to a Pschychologist but the waiting list in UK is huge on the NHS
The surgeon doctor said it was most likely shock from the sudden death of my Father in 2014

I would agree that you are suffering from Depression, Anxiety, and psychosomatic symptoms (physical symptoms caused by a mental health issue). The memory issue is a common cognitive deficit related to both depression and anxiety because the increased stress causes an increase in Cortisol in the brain. This increase unfortunately causes impairment of the Temporal Lobe which is where you process, store, and access memories...so memory impairment is common with increased Cortisol. Also your emotional numbness is consistent with a Severe Depressive Disorder. An antidepressant and beta blocker, for anxiety, would be beneficial for you and could help to lessen your symptoms significantly.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.

Dr. Z
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist