Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

It was around 10/2012 that I had see my internist for a

Customer Question
routine exam. She told...
It was around 10/2012 that I had see my internist for a routine exam. She told me to make an appointment for 2 months hence to go over the results of my blood tests which I arranged for 12/3/2012. Meanwhile, a week and a half after I had the October appointment, something happened to me while rinsing a tub. I had extreme midriff pain and tenderness. I called for an appointment with the doctor but she was out and I arranged for an appointment with one of the other doctors in the group that had been highly recommended by my ophthalmologist. When I arrived, this doctor suddenly got on the phone after seeing me and motioned that he would be right back. He kept going in and out of the office and about the 3rd or 4th time in, he approached me while he was still on the phone and was about 6 inches from my face and was looking down on my left eye with his right eye. My eye were bothering me terribly that day from dryness and what normally would have seemed as if he saw something in my eye and was checking it would have been totally strange had my eyes not been bothering me.
At any rate, he went in and out a couple of more times and finally came in for the reason that I was there, the pain and tenderness in the midriff area. Perhaps he knew what was wrong but didn't say and sent me for a chest x-ray. He also arranged for adrenal urine tests because my blood pressure was skyrocketing and had never been that high - 225/125. I was impressed that he was so thorough, more so than my regular doctor. He had me come in two weeks later to go over all the tests and told me I had a fractured rib but that the adrenal tests came back normal. I asked if I should see my internist on December 3, 2012 since I still had that appointment. He told me to keep that appointment and to continue monitoring my blood pressure.
When I came in to see my regular internist, she seemed to act differently toward me and dismissed the blood pressure readings and told me I read my blood pressure too often. I was doing so at this time at the other doctor's behest. Then I told her I was hearing music and she didn't comment but just looked at me and I told her I had a nose bleed the night before but that I managed to stop it and she told me I was probably picking my nose. Then she started grilling me about stress tests asking why I had had one two years before and was I planning to have another one soon, etc. etc. I told her that was a decision the cardiologist had to make.
Meanwhile, my ophthalmologist told me that perhaps I should go back to the original doctor since she was a good doctor also. I didn't understand where he was coming from especially since he highly recommended this doctor.
Meanwhile in May of 2013 when I was due to see my internist, I decided to make an appointment with the second doctor since I saw him as being more thorough. The first visit was uneventful, arranged for blood work, etc and told me to come in two weeks hence to go over test results. I did so and we discussed my having a colonoscopy and other medical stuff. When I left the exam room and headed to the area where you exit or make another appointment, he said something and I turn around and he rushed toward me and when into my face and pressed his right eye into my left eye and was an inch from my lips and I just gasped. He pulled away, stepped back, smiled and turned around and walked away. I was left shocked. I walked out, cancelled all appointment with him or anyone in that group and never went back.
Meanwhile, around October of 2013, during an ophthalmologist's appointment, he asked me if I had seen the internist and I told him I did but I was never going back there again. I told me I found him to be dangerous, certainly to me. I don't know about other patients. He was a thorough doctor but there was something wrong with him. The ophthalmologist was so condescending toward me and completely in defense of the internist and shrugged his shoulders as if to say "what do you expect?" I was shocked at his behavior and didn't know what to do except to stop using this ophthalmologist. I believe this internist is trying to ruin me and trying to wreck my relationships with all my doctors. The group he is in and a couple of other groups have a list of all my doctors and I can discern buy a change in my doctors' attitudes toward me and disrespect that was never there before. I also tried to explain the situation to my gyn who by is expression seemed to know something and I think he was coming from a place where he thinks I'm involved with this person and I'm coming from a place where this person is trying to ruin me and I don't even know him and I don't know where to turn. I've contacted a couple of lawyers but for the lawyers to do anything, it would mean the doctors who are on the receiving end of gossip would have to speak up and I doubt that they will. I just don't know what to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
1/18/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, is this a mental health question or are you looking for legal advice?

Both, since I believe this person is damaging my reputation and causing extreme distress.

I can only answer the mental health aspect of this issue, not the legal aspect. You would have to open another question in the legal category for that. So what exactly is your mental health question concerning this situation?

I think this doctor is making me appear that I have mental health issues and I don't even know him and really don't know what to do about this

Well I cannot comment on what another doctor sees in a patient since I am not there, but if you feel the doctor is mis-characterizing you than you should consider going to another doctor outside of this practice so that you can start fresh with a new doctor.