Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

18yo son with OCD & anx & secondary depression. PCP gives…

Customer Question
18yo son with OCD &...
18yo son with OCD & anx & secondary depression.
PCP gives Prozac with little benefit. Propranolol prn.
Missing social events because feels awkward.
A's, plays baseball, not suicidal.
Gets CBT 2/mo.
Want see psychiatrist within a few hours
of Dayton Ohio within few weeks. Best we can do is
7 weeks. Want to avoid ER. Any ideas?
Will pay cash. Wants to consider Nardil.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
1/16/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately I can only provide you with a list of psychiatrists within your area, which I am assuming you have contacted nearly every one, and it is up to their schedule on when they can see your son. The best option would be going to the Emergency Room and asking for a consult from a psychiatrist for Nardil.