Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Is trazadone safe as a sleep aid

Customer Question
Is trazadone safe as a sleep aid
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
1/16/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

Hello and thank you for using just answer. Trazodone is completely safe as a sleep aid because sleep aid doses are usually smaller compared to typical dose and this minimizes side effects. Also Trazodone is a non addictive medication which is beneficial to the patient. So overall Trazodone is a common, safe, and very effective sleep aid.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.