How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1378
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Its parent alienation
, its my boyfriends adult

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and its parent alienation
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its my boyfriends adult children. His ex has painted me as the other woman and now they will not see their father unless I am out of the picture
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mental Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it not a form of mind control and abuse that their mother is painting this picture that is not true in order to manipulate and seek revenge? Is there anything that can be done to help restore the relationship between father and children and help heal the emotional damage?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

It is not really mind control, but it is a form or coercion and manipulation. And I would agree that this is emotionally abusive to the children and their father as well since he is also a victim in this. The only way to restore the relationship between father and child would be for the children to reach out to their father when they are ready as this cannot be forced, so given that they are making the choice to not see him obviously makes this difficult. If the children are willing to go to family therapy with their father than that could be a good environment to restore the relationship, but again they have to choose to go to family therapy.