Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I HATE MY BODY. I dont feel able to live with it. I can't do

Customer Question

I HATE MY BODY. I dont feel able to live with it. I can't do anything in my life because it seems useless to me. I will never feel normal. I would rather die.
I am taking pills, they help me think. My mind now is more effective, but It seems to me that is also easier for my bad ideas to be hanging around, not making to much noise like animals as before, but instead constantly and gently saying what they want, more fierce and more rationaly.
I don't know what to do. What should I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having these issues in regards ***** ***** you feel about your body. I would highly recommend that you start to enter into either Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) or Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) with a psychologist as you do appear to be suffering from a mix of Depression and Body Dysmorphia. In addition, you may need a medication adjustment as well so please go to your doctor and tell him/her your symptoms and you should receive the appropriate adjustment to your medications to help lessen these symptoms. Right now you definitely need to consider therapy so that you can overcome this Body Dysmorphia and Depression and to help you accept who you are inside and on the outside.