How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1378
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son age 40 has had problems nearly all s life,he has done

Customer Question

My son age 40 has had problems nearly all his life,he has done research to try and help himself,he got in touch with Dr.Tinin in U.S A he gave him some good advice but has not really been a long term solution.( Dr.Tinnen has since passed away.) He diagnosed my son with post traumatic stress disorder .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who would we go to for a diagnosis? He can't keep a job for more than a week or two and needs to get some help or he will be on the streets as he can't pay his rent,this problem renders him immobile for days sometimes a few weeks.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response. The best place to get a firm diagnosis on his mental health issues would be to see a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist. Most likely there is a longer wait time to see a psychiatrist as there are fewer psychiatrists out there than psychologists, so if he wants a quick diagnosis than seeing a psychologist would be best for him. He would still need treatment though and that will most likely require both therapy and medications, so eventually he will have to see a psychiatrist for medication management, but a psychologist will diagnose him and start to treat him with therapy.

Related Mental Health Questions