Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I'm a 22 year old male. I suffer from bipolar. I take 1350mg

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a 22 year old male. I suffer from bipolar. I take 1350mg of Lithium, 150mg Welbutrin and 2mg Resperidone. I don't get manic episodes anymore at all but I don't often feel normal on a scale of 1-10 and 5 is normal everyday I'm about a 3. I heard a lot of great things about Niacin the flushing kind for curing depression so I've been taking some for a couple days and people are swearing that it will help depression within a day. Maybe I'm just not taking enough Niacin?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. The use of Niacin to help lessen depressive symptoms has only been shown to be effective if you have a Niacin deficiency, have you ever had a blood panel to see if you have a deficiency of Niacin before?