How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been experiencing severe anxiety attacks recently. They

Customer Question

I've been experiencing severe anxiety attacks recently. They started out as minor ones but recently have escalated to full blown events. Yesterday I could not bring my heart rate down or catch my breath. I am 46 and lost my hearing completely when I was 36. I have severe tinnitus which adds to the panic attacks. I am also uninsured. Holidays always cause severe anxiety. I am wondering if I am eligible for a short term Rx for an anti-anxiety medication. Where can I go? I feel helpless. I cannot make phone calls without assistance. I cannot get a decent job because of my hearing loss. I currently make 15 to 18K a year walking dogs. I don't know where else to turn.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having this severe anxiety and panic. Unfortunately this is not an online pharmacy and you must go to a medical doctor to receive such a prescription. Most ER's will only provide you with non-addictive medication for your anxiety that will take weeks to be effective, but a psychiatrist will provide you with a prescription for a benzodiazepine that is used in the short term to help with anxiety. I would recommend calling to find a psychiatrist in your area as soon as you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will do that.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. I truly hope your anxiety and panic lessens very soon.