Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I think i have borderline personality disorder and i 't know

Customer Question

I think i have borderline personality disorder and i don't know what i should do. I don't have any support.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. First off it would be best not to jump to conclusions on a self-diagnosis because as you know we are not very good at diagnosing ourselves with disorders and diseases, so the first step would be to see a psychologist or psychiatrist in your area for an assessment. Then after the assessment you will be treated appropriately with most likely psychotropic medications and/or therapy to help resolve your symptoms. So right now you are still in the early stages of treatment and you need to get the right diagnosis before making any judgement on prognosis and treatment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanna know things about it.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

What exactly do you want to know about Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)? What are your specific questions concerning it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to have this disorder and not realise that you have it until now. Like I sometimes don't understand why I do thing and think that is not normal. But is it hard to realise what is going on?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Personality Disorders manifest in young adulthood, so it is common for the symptoms to occur at this age. But your symptoms could be many different things which is why you need to be assessed by a psychologist or a psychiatrist immediately or this will only worsen for you.