How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter was diagnosed with DID, Chronic PTSD, not

Customer Question

My daughter was diagnosed with DID, Chronic PTSD, not getting the right help through OHP.
3 years 3 separate therapists each left due to pregnancy, passed her off, despit it all she is doing well at PCC with a 3.7 GPA, but with the loss of this last one I cant get her to leave the house and I am afraid to recommend anyone. She needs someone who knows about treatment of DID with severe prolonged abuse preverbal, she worked through alot with a great therapist from age 6 to 10 in maui. But now at 20 is stuck . Anyone with experience and a believer, i just need hope and a name,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Can you provide me with a zip code so that I can try to find someone in your area that can treat your daughter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
97124, but I have researched this too
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Okay so since you have researched this, then were you looking for something different than possible names of psychologists/therapists that I can provide?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, just anyone preferably female with experience with previous cases of DID clients, no one lists those credentials
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I can find some people that state they specialize in Dissociative Disorders. Please give me around 5-10 minutes to compile a list for you and I will make sure all of the recommended names are ***** ***** well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They need to take insurance
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Okay that may take me some more time, what insurance does your daughter have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Although she has OHP/Providence, they will approve a provider who does this, they said just to find the right help.if not I will go through my work MODA, or ask my dad, last resort
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Some of my recommendations do not include the Providence insurance, so let me revise my list. Please give me 5 more minutes. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OHP is the state insurance currently she sees people through western psychological but the vice pres. said he would recommend to ohp anyone I found. my insurance is moda, o
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

So here are the list of Therapists in your area that state they specialize in treating Dissociative Disorders, PTSD, and accept your insurance. The last one is one that specifically treats trauma and dissociation for adult survivors of sexual abuse/trauma, so I am not sure what trauma your daughter has experienced, so this therapist may or may not be appropriate for her.

Kathy Lefor, M.S.

12725 SW Millikan Way
Ste 300
Beaverton, Oregon 97005

Crystina Brazie, LCSW
9011 SW Beaverton-hillsdale Hwy
Suite 1-D
Portland, Oregon 97225

Lisa M Wurzelbacher, Ph.D

7175 SW Beveland St
Ste 200
Tigard, Oregon 97223

Joan Ausubel, Ph.D.

522 SW Fifth Avenue
Suite 1119
Portland, Oregon 97204
***-***-**** x1

Xiomara Raquel Sanchez, LCSW (More focused on adults that have suffered from sexual abuse/trauma)

Balance Center for Children and Families, LLC
7440 SW Hunziker Rd Suite F
Tigard, Oregon 97223

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.