How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to figure out how to get a visiting psychologist

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I'm trying to figure out how to get a visiting psychologist or social worker to do an in home visit to deal with my son who is refusing to leave the house and who needs some psychological attention. Is there a visiting nurses assoc. or something like that?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My son is 17 and is withdrawing more and more into himself and video gaming and has no apparent motivation to do anything whatsoever. He's been in treatment for depression, but he doesn't seem depressed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Nearly all psychologists or social workers that would perform a home visit would be through your local county Social Services department, so you can contact them there to see if a home visit is possible from what you described about your son. Also if you could provide your zip code, I can try to see if there are any psychologists or social workers in your area that either provide a home visit or perhaps an online or telephone consultation.