Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I'm trying to figure out how to get a visiting psychologist

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I'm trying to figure out how to get a visiting psychologist or social worker to do an in home visit to deal with my son who is refusing to leave the house and who needs some psychological attention. Is there a visiting nurses assoc. or something like that?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My son is 17 and is withdrawing more and more into himself and video gaming and has no apparent motivation to do anything whatsoever. He's been in treatment for depression, but he doesn't seem depressed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Nearly all psychologists or social workers that would perform a home visit would be through your local county Social Services department, so you can contact them there to see if a home visit is possible from what you described about your son. Also if you could provide your zip code, I can try to see if there are any psychologists or social workers in your area that either provide a home visit or perhaps an online or telephone consultation.