John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping people find solutions...
68372260

Okay, so this might sound crazy, but i've recently been

Customer Question

Okay, so this might sound crazy, but i've recently been remembering things from my child hood. Nothing conclusive, but anyway. I'm really interested in psychology and stuff and I was reading stuff about sexual abuse in children. One of the things I saw in there was regressed toilet training, and uncanny sexual knowledge. I was around 4 or 5 when I suddenly started pooping my pants again. This lasted up until I was 9. Another thing I remember is I would draw penises on things a lot of the time. And it was also around this time I started trying to have sex with my brother. These are things I feel a 4 to 5 year old shouldn't know about, right? I also remember when I was about 8 or 9 I got these weird warts on my genital regon. My mom took me to a doctor after I told her about them and they weren't genital warts they were these warts that are commonly on people's faces. And are spread though contact. All of these things feel like too much to be a coincidence.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  John-Michaels replied 1 year ago.

There is no doubt those are issues of concern. It is important though that you not try to stir up memories. It seems they are coming in their own time. Let nature take its course. My thoughts are you have enough to work through without forcing those things you don't remember. As you revisit the past in general the layers of camaflouge will peel back reveling those things you don't remember. I strongly recommend you seek a therapist that can help you with through this. Someone versed in emdr might be a good choice. If you wish we could set up a phone session ourselves. Does all that make sense?