Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am feeling very sad and depressed. Partially because of

Customer Question

I am feeling very sad and depressed. Partially because of recent losses I have had. Partially because of the way some of my family members have treated me.
My first loss was my elderly father died about 2 months ago. The second loss was one of my major buildings burnt down last Thursday. What upsets me about family is 1) first how my sister tells me nothing about what is going on with my dad's estate (which is millions) and 2) how they don't want to give me any help with the financial rough spot I am going through because of the fire even though they could easily do so. There only suggestion is to sell the townhouse that my girlfriend lives in which would cause great hardship for her. (She just recently recovered from cancer. She lost her job when she went cancer treatment and just recently found a new job but it is only 2 days a week which is not enough to live on.)
I guess I can only control myself but it is making extremely resentful them.
What can I do to feel better. What should I do about my resentment?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are currently undergoing this type of treatment by your family and the hardships you have recently undergone. May I ask, are you currently undergoing any type of therapy or using any psychotropic medications to help lessen these feelings of depression and resentment?