Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am unable to communicate with anybody. I feel all the time

Customer Question

i am unable to communicate with anybody. I feel all the time sad and depressed and i have been feeling like this for many years.I have always struggled to make friends and even i had a million of opportunities to know people i just can't do it. I'm feeling so guilty because many amazing people wanted to get to know me better but i always ended up making them not to stand me at all.
My familly loves me, they give me support all the time and praise all of my qualities but i think am inferior and stupid.
Right now i'm feeling hopeless because i don't know what to do to overcome this terrible period in my life.
I'm sorry for any mistakes i've made, my mother tongue is not english. I live in another country right now , I changed my environment because i tought that if i will start all over again i will be able to change my unsufferable personality.
Nothing works, really don't want to feel so lonely and useless but i'm too scared that i won't change.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It sounds like you are suffering from a Depressive Disorder, so have you considered trying an antidepressant and/or going to therapy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, i don't want to take antidepressants because when i am alone i feel comfortable and in a good mood. do you think i can do something to feel at ease when i am around people? i just can't do anything. maybe it does not sound like a very serious problem but for me it is . i'm just worried that i wil be alone, without friends for all of my life
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

It is possible you may have a combination of self-esteem issues (linked to depression) and social anxiety, as these two commonly go together. It can be easily resolved with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Would you be willing to undergo such therapy with a psychologist in your area?