How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm finding it particularly difficult to get penetration to

Customer Question

I'm finding it particularly difficult to get penetration to my girlfriend. Generally I'm hard going in, but am either slipping out of the vagina in a second or losing my erections after a couple of tries to get in. It's been this a few weeks now, and I feel really embarrassed and lacking in confidence now. My girlfriend was wet as well. Neither of us are virgins. Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am sorry that you are having this issue, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. Can you masturbate with no erectile difficulties? If you believe this to be a mental health issue, have you considered seeing a Sex Therapist for treatment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Yes, I can masturbate regularly with no erectile difficulty.At this point, I don't think it qualifies as a mental health issue as the problem is new to me and isn't triggered by any emotional or mental stimuli.I want to understand my possible problems and probable solutions first. If I try all that and don't find the necessary changes, I may consider the possibility of a mental issue.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Well you did ask this question in the mental health category, so if you believe this may be a physical issue do you want me to move this question to the Urology category?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Umm, honestly I am not sure what category it fits best? Sexology? Urology - really? A sex related issue does have a mental aspect I suppose.You are the expert, so I'd let you decide where to transfer my question.I'm just a guy with a problem, seeking solutions.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

There is no treatment available on this website, so in order to rule out physical issues you would need to undergo an examination by a urologist to determine if there is nothing physically wrong with you. If you are deemed physically okay than this is a mental health issue and I would recommend that you see a Sex Therapist for treatment to help lessen what is called performance anxiety.